Standard Monthly Permit Terms and Conditions
1. Duration - The term of this agreement is for one calendar month, automatically renewable upon the City's timely receipt of the prevailing monthly permit parking fee. This agreement may be cancelled by the customer upon providing fifteen (15) days written notice to the City, by the City upon providing thirty (30) days published notice in the facility, or at any time by the City for cause, but the customer will be responsible for all permit fees for the remainder of the one-month term. The City reserves the right to terminate any permit thirty (30) days prior to cancellation.
2. Monthly Permit Fees - The customer agrees to pay the City the prevailing monthly permit fee at least fifteen (15) days before the first day of the term during which the customer will park in the facility. If the customer fails to make timely payment in accordance with City procedures, the City may cancel the customer's agreement and access card. If the access card is cancelled for non-payment, there will be a $5.00 reactivation fee. The monthly permit fee is set by the Parking Division in accordance with guidelines approved by the Parking Commission and Board of Aldermen, and is subject to change upon thirty (30) days published notice in the facility.
3. Access Card - The customer agrees to pay a security deposit of $30.00 upon the receipt of one access card. This access card is not transferable. The customer agrees to maintain the access card in good condition. Upon cancellation of this agreement without cause, and return of the access card in good condition, the City will refund this deposit. If the customer's card is lost, the City will issue a replacement card for $30.00. If the card is damaged, the replacement charge is $10.00. The City will grant no refunds or credits for the customer's failure or inability to park in the facility, or if access card is misplaced or forgotten.
4. Customer Rights and Duties - This license agreement and a valid access card entitles the customer to park on a non-exclusive basis in one parking space in the facility (other than such spaces as the City may designate from time to time for the exclusive use of other persons) during the operating hours determined by the specific facility. Refer to the facilities box above. If the customer parks in a 6 A.M. - 6 P.M. facility or has chosen the 6 A.M. - 6 P.M. option for parking within a 24 hour facility and needs to park after 6 P.M. on any day on which an event is scheduled, the customer also shall pay the published event parking fee for that event and may be required to pay additional penalty. All Facilities are closed Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's. The Customer must use the access card to enter and exit the facility during regular nonÂevent hours. The customer acknowledges that this agreement does not permit over night parking or long term storage of any vehicles in the Facility and any such vehicle may be removed and stored by the City at the customer's expense.
5. Special Terms and Conditions - The City, its officers and employees assume no responsibility for loss or damage to any automobile, articles of property therein, or any part thereof due to theft, fire, vandalism, collision, or otherwise. The customer will lock car and secure any valuables contained within. Customer hereby agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the City, its officers and employees in connection with any loss, damage or theft arising out of the active negligence of the City or City's officials, employees or agents. The Customer's violation of these regulations may result in the immediate cancellation of this agreement with cause.